Piña Colada for Beautiful Skin
Did you know that a Piña Colada is good to drink to keep beautiful skin? If you find your skin breaking out, getting blotchy or looking discolored than this is a great drink for you.
According to my research, a Piña Colada has a ton of delectable ingredients that have skin soothing benefits. It can give “hydration, an Omega buzz that ups detoxification, boosts blood circulation, and raises energy levels & medium-chain fatty acids that make the complexion glow.” This drink mixed with almond and avocados can also help you lose weight, lower cholesterol and reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
This drink – whether virgin or not – is not only tasty, but healthy as well. I can personally agree with the above because I have been drinking Piña Coladas for as long as I can remember and I always seem to have a good amount of energy, weight is always low and my complexion definitely does glow.
I never knew that drinking a Piña Colada had much to do with it, but I’m happy it did. Now, even drinking a Piña Colada is healthy – keep in mind that too much of a good thing is BAD for you.
Here are the ingredients for a Piña Colada:
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup of sliced pineapples
- 1 small piece of avocado
- 1 tablespoon shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- Dash of vanilla extract
- 2-4 ice cubes
- Half a cup of water
- Alcohol of choice (optional for people 21+)
After you have all of the said ingredients:
- Combine all ingredients into a blender
- Blend until smooth and creamy
- Pour into glass/cup of choice
- Add a cherry (or fruit of choice) – completely optional
- Serve or drink up!
- 1 can of pineapple rings or crushed
- 2 cans of coconut milk
- 2 cups of powdered milk
- 1/2 cup of soy milk
The bromelain in pineapples are used as an anti-inflammatory agent and calms your skin. Soy milk contains vitamin E which helps to prevent sun damage and coconut is an anti-oxidant that fights off free-radicals.
Here are the directions:
- Fill your tub with warm water.
- Add the pineapples and milks (coconut, powdered and soy) to the bath.
- Allow the ingredients to mix for at least 5-8mins
- Get into the bath and relax
Keep in mind, you don’t have to do a big bath — you can do this in smaller portion inside of a bowel or bucket. You can even do this as a facial mask by mixing the ingredients in a blender until it’s a smooth paste and then applying to your face.
There are many other uses for a Piña Colada, so stay tuned to learn new ways…